Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Stay Positive!

This past summer I read a book called The Secret by Rhonda Byrne that changed my life. No this is not a sales pitch or anything like that; my life really is changed in the best way because of what I learned. This book allowed me to see my life in a whole new perspective which was very positive. Before reading this book, I would allow myself to become upset or disappointed easily when something in life did not go as expected. However, it taught me many ways to 'keep my chin up' when life isn't so great.

My new outlook on life has provided me with the following realizations:

1. Wake up each day with a smile. You will realize such a positive difference on your outlook on the day!
2. After waking up and smiling, tell yourself that "today will be a great day!"
3. Try turning a negative situation into a positive one
4. If you want something, picture in your mind that you already have it
5. If you want more money, constantly think of money and ways to get money. That is what some of the wealthiest people in the world did!
6. If you use negative words such as "I don't want to fail this test" the negative tone in your thought will bring out a negative result. Instead say "I want to ace this test!"

There were so many other pieces of advice this book had that gave me great paradigm shifts, but those six are the ones I use almost on a daily basis. I find that when a friend or family member is down, I try to let them see the positive side of the situation.

Just remember, when life gets you down, keep you head up and smile, knowing everything will be fine as long as you keep a positive attitude!

2 comments:

  1. What are your other favorite books about organizing your life/schedule/to-do list?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't yet read any other books about this, but if I find any I'll let you know!

    ReplyDelete